Benefits of Living On-Campus
Have Your Student Join Our Hofstra Residential Community!
Living on campus can provide a host of benefits to your student in a variety of areas. Campus residents tend to have higher GPA’s, are more likely to graduate on time, show increased satisfaction with the University and its resources, and are more likely to take advantage of student services and campus amenities and events.
Convenience is another key factor in many students decision to live on campus. Nearby access to the campus library, their professor’s office hours, their peers for group work and study, and the Fitness Center are all reasons students love making campus their home. Others say that it’s much easier to participate in student clubs and organizations, as they are just a short walk away for the evening programs and meetings that they could not easily attend if they were commuting.
Some benefits for students living on campus include:
· Social & Personal Connections gained by communal living
· Use of high speed internet, cable TV, and HBO GO subscriptions at no additional cost
· Dining options just steps away from their room
• Living in a diversity community
• Health and Wellness center in close proximity to their residence hall
• 24-hour building and campus security
• University events take place right outside their front door
• Easily accessible amenities such as in-house laundry and campus shuttles to LIRR at no additional cost
Applying for Housing is easy, just follow the steps below.
Housing Deposit Payment
Students can submit the required $300 housing deposit online for the appropriate term. Housing deposits may be paid via electronic check online through e-bill located on the Deposits tab through the student portal at my.hofstra.edu. Students paying by cash, check or money order must do so at the Student Financial Services Suite, 206 Memorial Hall.
In order to pay online, students should follow these steps:
1. Simply log into http://my.hofstra.edu
2. Click on the "Navigation Menu" in the top left hand corner.
3. Click on the 'Student Services" Menu.
4. Click on the "Student Payment Center" under General.
5. Click on "My Payment Center".
6. Select the "eDeposits" tab.
7. Select the term for which they are applying.
8. Select the type of deposit they want (i.e. Housing Deposit).
Complete the Student’s Housing Application
After paying the student’s housing deposit using the steps above, students should complete their housing application. To complete their application, they should follow the steps below:
1. Log into http://my.hofstra.edu
2. Click on "Navigation Menu" in the top left hand corner.
3. Click on the "Student Services" Menu.
4. Click on the "Residence Life Menu."
5. Click on the "Residence Life Room Application"
6. Select the term for which they are applying to reside on campus.
7. Follow instructions to complete the housing application and select a dining plan, as it is a condition of residency for all undergraduate students.
We hope to welcome your student to our fantastic residential community soon!