Hofstra's Parent Council is creating a custom cookbook, Cooking With Hofstra Pride, featuring favorite recipes from Hofstra family - parents, students, friends, family members, faculty and staff. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all. Money raised will be used for the Hofstra Student Emergency Assistance Fund and other Hofstra student and family programs. Our aim is to make the cookbooks available for purchase for the Commencement, Family Orientation and Family Weekend 2021.
Please submit one of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Recipes from many Hofstra families, students, faculty, alumni and friends will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s website to easily submit recipes online at typensave.com. Please note that, below the recipe, you will be able to add a dedication or a message of encouragement for your Hofstra student or a loved one, such as “To our son Sam in memory of all his Lord of the Rings parties and requisite feasts.”
We anticipate a great demand for our cookbooks, and we want to be certain to order enough. By submitting a recipe you are not obliged to buy any cookbooks but you need to complete the reservation and consent form below to give us permission to publish your recipe. Cookbooks will be available for $25 each. If you order 2 or more cookbooks, you will receive a discount.
There are two easy steps you need to complete by March 15, 2021:
- Submit your recipe online:
- Go to https://www.typensave.com/ and click ‘Login’ on the top right. Log in only when you are ready to enter the entire recipe. Once you log out, you will not be able to make changes. See Recipe Writing Tips below.
- Enter the User Name: HofstraPC
- Enter the password: simmer472 and click ‘Submit.’
- Enter your full name and click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipe.
****** Please Note You Cannot Edit Recipe Once You Have Logged Out. ******
****** DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETE STEP 2. BELOW *****
If you do not want to enter recipes in the online form, our committee can enter them for you; just email us at email@example.com and complete the acknowledgement form below.
- Complete the reservation and consent form at the link here. You will be able to let us know how many cookbooks you plan to order. Please complete even if you don't plan to order cookbooks as we cannot publish your recipe without your signature.
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- You may add a dedication or a message in “Recipe Notes” field but the text cannot exceed 375 characters (4 lines).
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.