Monday, October 18, 2021

HOFSTRA Strong - With "Pride & Purpose!"

February 2020, After accepting a Departmental Scholarship, I started as a Graduate student bright-eyed & bushy-tailed eager to take on the world! I had enrolled as a Graduate student in hopes of fulfilling a lifelong aspiration to complete my master's degree in Education with a focus on College Student Development! Finding myself in NYC weekly attending classes touring various museums with my class after years at home dedicated to my 3 under 3 who now suddenly were teens and my aging mother well it was like being born again! I found myself saying to myself, "Hey, I remember you!" I had not been out & about and in and out of NYC as much since my days attending The Fashion Institute of Technology! So, when the Pandemic hit home and all were under a Shut-in and classes moved online I, like the rest of the world was met with an overwhelming sensation of anxiety. All of the self-doubt and concern about funding my return to school and performing technologically on the road ahead suddenly came flooding back. Now, I was met with a choice...I could opt to play it safe and put my dreams aside and give in to the anxiety crippling our Nation and the World or I could stand up and choose to come out of this stronger! The words of my mother rang through my ears: "Where there is Will, there is a way!" And so with zero to little Zoom experience, I forged ahead to continue my studies and remotely participate in Hofstra's "Museum as Educator'' class. Today, almost one year later I have continued to choose to take on various challenges big and small where needed to support this mindset and the Hofstra community at large. One such way I contributed was as that of, "Hofstra Health Ambassador'' - "a group of peer educators deployed across Hofstra to help inform the campus community about the new protocols and to encourage compliance." To Continue the spirit and momentum of this path to which I felt perhaps I was being divinely led I took one class per semester to find myself next seeking opportunities to observe in Student Affairs. It was the very Brave & Welcoming of none other than our very own Branka :)  Director of the Parent & Family programs that chose to safely and within protocol virtually take on a student observation during a Pandemic!! Well, they say that "everything happens for a reason," and I am not so sure about that but I am sure that if one remains open to the path presenting itself and if kindness is shared all things are possible. Today, I am writing to you as a Graduate Assistant in the Parent & Family program!! I am realizing my dreams and offering my servitude to the greater good. Challenging & Supporting Students and their families at this time of sensitive transition. Most of all, as a mother, and like my Grandmother, and mother before me, I am walking through this most challenging of times determined to come out of this stronger. As Life continues to shift I pray that I may remain open to the possibilities, And as Grandma Mountain once said, may I continue to choose to walk through the challenges, not around them. And I might add...And with "Pride & Purpose" and always Hofstra strong! Go Pride!

A HUGE shout out to Vice President Houston Dougharty & Parent & Family Program Director Branka Kristic as well as Dr. Genevieve Weber and Dr. Seirup &  Dr.O'malley for investing in & supporting my endeavors & dreams!

52 comments:

1. I found so many exciting matters in this particular content, I would like to request please keep posting such informative content. Check out 7 11 delivery

ReplyDelete
  2. Stellar Data Recovery Crack Camera key remaining for the photographer – expert or amateur! Photo recovery recovers moments “unique in life” that we believe are constantly lost.
    Avocode Crack
    Adobe XD Crack
    Toon Boom Harmony Premium Crack

ReplyDelete
  3. Hack Wifi PasswordIf you have a smartphone, you first need to think about how to hack the wifi password. This is one of the most frequently asked questions on Google search.
    Nexus Crack
    Xfer Records Serum Crack Win Download
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2021 PC Game Download

ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great platform for the students and the teachers since many international students have come across here in America from different parts of the world. This Fete sexy is so interesting and funny when you want to spend your online browsing time with the girls and women. I hope the team management will keep the activities towards high quality.

ReplyDelete
  5. Find top tier yacht charter in Turkey. Private yachts for families, couples, corporate and events. We combine our private yacht charter resources, knowledge, and skills so that our guests can enjoy the many treasures. Together with you, your guests, and the captains, we put together the best possible Turkish coast itineraries.
    Up to 30% Early booking discounts have started for luxury yacht charter Turkey.
    Valid until 31 December!
    Check our 🌎👉👉website

ReplyDelete
  6. شات عربي دردشة كتابية
    https://xn--ngbrx4e.chat
    تعرف على أصدقاء من سورية مصر لبنان وغيره

ReplyDelete
  7. my love for this article can't make me stay without commenting, its really great to have a great thought
    like this in this world, if i should rate, then i will give it 5 stars even if it was for sale focalin-generic
    buy-norco-online
    buy-percocet-online
    buy saxenda online
    lomaira 8mg
    buy qsymia online
    buy adipex onlinea

ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  9. Check our Website for Upcoming IPO List, You will also grey to Know about Grey Market Premium as well ass IPO Subscription Status. One can also check IPO Allotment Status along with IPO Listing Date.

ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It’s been an incredible read. I enjoyed every bit of it. Keep posting and keep me updated. Mit Acceptance Rate

ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your work it’s very beneficial to many people’s GHB for sale

ReplyDelete
  12. Retirement Income Plan - To ensure that you don’t outlive your assets, develop a retirement income plan that includes your income and expenses. Keep track of your current expenses and cut back as needed.
    10 Ways To Transition Yourself Into Retirement

ReplyDelete
  13. Retirement Income Plan - To ensure that you don’t outlive your assets, develop a retirement income plan that includes your income and expenses. Keep track of your current expenses and cut back as needed.
    ethiojobs

ReplyDelete
  14. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

Lctraumacoalition.org
    Information
    Click Here

ReplyDelete
  15. Where can we get Latest information about  Upcoming IPO and Live Grey Market Premium data.

ReplyDelete
  16. https://trandawy.com/

ترنداوى هو موقع يهتم بالمعلومات العامة المخلتفة فى العديد من المجالات
    نعرض لكم اهم الاحداث والاخبار فى السعودية
    نستعرض اهم الخدمات فى السعودية
    نهتم بكل المقالات التعليمية و الجامعات الحكومية و الخاصة فى السعودية
    تعرف على اهم ترددات قنوات النيل سات و عرب سات
    اشهر محلات الحلويات فى المملكة العربية السعودية
    اشهر مطاعم فى المملكة العربية السعودية

ReplyDelete
  17. The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 토토사이트추천

ReplyDelete
  18. Tell the world in all languages in one place News known

ReplyDelete
  19. Vă mulțumim că ne-ați împărtășit cele mai bune informații. Dacă găsiți cel mai bun serial, trebuie să vizitați site-ul nostru clicksud Echipa fof clicksd vă oferă cea mai recentă actualizare a seriei turske pe care o puteți viziona oricând.

ReplyDelete
  20. The family connection today is very impressive, so it is advisable to watch educational TV programs so that our children learn the values, I recommend a page to watch TV online.

ReplyDelete
  21. I've recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. บาคาร่า

ReplyDelete
  22. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and simply couldn't come across. What an ideal website. allplaybet
    https://เกมได้เงิน.com
    ufabet
    Joker Play

ReplyDelete
  23. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics.I commend you for your excellent report on the knowledge that you have shared in this blog.

digital marketing training in hyderabad
    free digital marketing course in hyderabad

ReplyDelete
  24. How do you do? Did you get a designer job?Lucabet

ReplyDelete
  25. POSTINGAN ANDA CUKUP MENARIK, JANGAN LUPA JUGA UNTUK KUNJUNGI SITUS TERPERCAYA KAMI !!!!
    Klik Disini!

ReplyDelete
  26. We wish you success in all stages of your life. Get what you want in terms of education, family and things you love.
    Why should we be happy and successful?
    takhasosameine

ReplyDelete
  27. Short Bedtime English Stories is a free app that gathers a lot of free english stories collection, and the interface design is simple. After opening, you can select the storybook you want to read, quickly scan at least more than 30 categories, and there are short stories (Short Stories) ,
    Animal Stories, Classic Stories, Bedtime Stories, Kid Stories, and english stories .

ReplyDelete