Monday, November 11, 2013

Hofstra Alumna Living Her Dream as a Rockette

Hofstra’s highly rated School of Drama and Dance has been turning out top dance performers for a long time. Graduates from Hofstra have gone on to perform on film, television, broadway and many other renown places. However, one alumna stands out from the rest.

Tara Dunleavy-Tubridy, a 2004 graduate from Hofstra, is living her life-long dream of performing with the Radio City Rockettes for the past seven years. The Rockettes, world-renown for their annual Christmas Spectacular since 1933, are one of the most iconic pieces of the holidays in New York City.

Tara grew up in Queens, NY and started studying dance at the age of 3. Tara danced competitively, and focused mainly on Jazz and Broadway styles. When it came to choosing a college, Tara knew there was no other choice for her other than Hofstra. Tara explains, “I knew I wanted to major in dance, but I didn’t want to go too far from my family. Hofstra was one of the schools we visited, and I fell in love with the campus, the program and the facilities. Being a Hofstra student was one of the best experiences of my life.”

You can read about the rest of Tara’s story about her time at Hofstra and becoming a Rockette at:

7 comments: