Thursday, November 6, 2014

Latino Heritage Reception

Hey there, Hofstra Parents! My name’s Jeo Dorcely, and I am a student employee in the Office of Parent and Family Programs at Hofstra. On October 22nd, I had the amazing opportunity to cover the Latino/Hispanic Heritage month reception here on campus. This event was sponsored by MISPO, which is the Multicultural & International Student Programs Office. A lot of interesting activities were featured as part of the reception, such as a keynote address, a piñata, and dance lessons. There were many faculty members and students in attendance, including our very own Director, Branka Kristic. Also in attendance was HOLA: Hofstra’s Organization of Latin Americans.
traditional worry dolls were given out

Perhaps the most anticipated part of this event was the keynote address delivered by Alicia Anabel Santos. Santos is a writer, producer, and playwright who is very inspiring. Everyone has an interesting backstory, and Santos’ is no different. She pursued her dream of writing, going against the standards her family set for her. Spurred on by her daughter, Courtniana, she is continuing on her journey as a writer. She has written a memoir Finding Your Force: A Journey to Love, and is currently working on a historical fiction story entitled The Daughters of the Revolution. I am very excited to read her work, and I think that she is an excellent example of someone who, despite failures and obstacles, stuck with her dream and came out on top.
keynote speaker, Alicia Anabel Santos

I am extremely proud that Hofstra has events like these that help students understand and immerse themselves in the culture of others. Encourage your student to check out HOLA’s facebook page (facebook.com/HolaAtHofstra) to find out how to get involved.

-Jeo Dorcely

2 comments:

1. It is very encouraging all the information in these pages, I love it. my page seks toys termurah, alat bantu sex wanita.

ReplyDelete
  2. Di sini anda bisa mendapatkan prediksi togel singapura yang bisa anda gunakan menjadi acuan dalam memasang taruhanPrediksi togel singapura . lihat prediksi togel singapura minggu ini Prediksi togel sgp prediksi togel singapura .

ReplyDelete